Our Healthy Streets: Dulwich
Recent projects and engagement with residents in the Dulwich area have shown a common theme - there's too much traffic in the area - and this is having an adverse effect on local life.
We want to work with residents to address these concerns about traffic volume and its impact on the community.
- streets in the Dulwich Village area carry much higher than the average traffic on similar residential streets in the borough
- in the peak hours some residential streets are carrying more traffic than major A-roads.
- the peak hours are between 7am to 10am and 3pm to 8pm. This unusual traffic pattern shows that traffic using the area includes significant volumes of commuter traffic
- the pollution profile shows that air pollution is worse between 7am to 10am and 3pm to 7pm
- there are very high numbers of pupils crossing the roads during the peak hours
- over 7000 through journeys are made in the area in a typical day. They enter and exit the neighbourhood within less than 10 to 15 minutes