At the S4C ride last May we heard Andrew Gilligan mention that QW 38 from Bloomsbury via Islington to Hackney would have priority. This route is now named QW 2!
The image shows the route proposed by Sustrans and TfL
You can also see the route of several QEWs on Google Maps at:
QW2 is shown as a turquoise line labelled "Possible Bloomsbury to Walthamstow Quietway".
Camden Council is now consulting on some minor measures they propose for improving the stretch in Camden along Calthorpe Street and Guilford Street. These can be seen at:
To summarise specific (from west to east):
- a new length of cycle lane into Bernard Street from Russell Square
- raised zebra crossing over Guilford Street at Queen Anne’s Walk
- raised table at the junction of Guilford Street and Grenville Street
- a large raised table on Guilford Street across Guilford Place (that will also enhance the N-S route down Judd Street and Hunter Street on to Lambs Conduit Street and Red Lion Street)
- between Phoenix Place and Farringdon Road, reallocate some carriageway space for cycle lanes
general changes will include:
- cycle symbols and signage
- replace granite setts on raised areas with asphalt.
Please provide your comments in the associated thread