Pyrles Lane, Lawton Road & Rectory Lane s/bound Improvements (CAP App. I.12.2)
Improve Non-Motorised User connectivity by providing the missing links to connect the Hillyfields area with Debden Tube Station and local shops/services.
* Provision of shared use footway/cycleway along the upgraded path between Borders Lane and Rectory Lane.
* Signage and road markings along the existing Rectory Lane side road for 0.2 miles until the start of the existing off-road unsegregated shared-use footway/cycleway route.
* Provision of an uncontrolled crossing point across Rectory Lane to link together the existing shared-use footway/cycleway alongside the northbound carriageway and Lawton Road.
* Consider a part on-road, part off-road scheme here heading south for cyclists heading towards Debden.
* North of Conyers Way the scheme could then comprise signage and road markings along Lawton Road for approx. 160 metres to the start of the existing segregated footway/cycleway to Hillyfields.
* Scheme could potentially continue as an on-road route north to the crossroads at Pyrles Lane, Hillyfields and Chester Road.