Chigwell Lane/Rectory Lane Cycling Infrastructure Improvements (CAP App. I.12.1)
Improve Non-Motorised User connectivity by providing the missing links to connect Debden Tube Station with the existing segregated footway/cycleway along sections of Rectory Lane.
* Provide an off-road shared use footway/cycleway along the path being upgraded in Winter 2016/17 from Oakwood Hill towards Debden Tube Station.
* Connect to an on-road section along Chigwell Lane comprising signage and road markings up to the turning head.
* Improve the existing off-road path to permit cycling to and from the upgraded pedestrian crossing and signalised junction at Borders Lane.
* Consider upgrading the crossing to a Toucan facility.
* Provide an off-road shared use footway/cycleway along the path being upgraded in Winter 2016/17, linking in with the existing on-road route to the Corbett Theatre and the existing off-road shared use footway/cycleway to Newmans Lane.