Proposed package: Streamlining bus services through Cambridge city centre
A package of measures including some of the following is proposed:
• Cambridge Core Scheme extension – potential remove all traffic but buses and cycles from St Andrews Street north of Emmanuel Street through the day.
• Address taxi overcrowding in St Andrews Street.
• Remove / relocate some on-street parking in Jesus Lane.
• Bus priority measures along Chesterton Road
• Improved bus stop infrastructure in Hobson Street and Jesus Lane.
• Removal of some parking on Histon Road and Station Road.
• On Street ticketing at busy or constrained boarding points to reduce bus standing time and pedestrian congestion.
• Enhanced enforcement of infringements on key bus routes and stops.
• Rerouting of some buses away from Bridge Street / Magdalene Street.
• Park and ride capacity enhancements
• Rural interchange enhancements on longer routes benefiting from the city centre improvements.