As part of the redevelopment of Hounslow Town Primary School, we are proposing public realm improvements on Pears Road. We would like to get your views on a number of proposals, including:
- Permanently closing the emergency access outside the school on Pears Road by constructing a raised shared pedestrian and cycle area
- Installing dropped kerbs and bollards at both ends of the new raised area to provide cycle access and prevent vehicle access
- Implementing “School Keep Clear” markings and parking restrictions at the school entrance at the western end of the closure to prevent obstructive parking.
- Re-paving some sections of footway and removing pedestrian guardrail to reduce clutter and improve the public realm
- Installing cycle stands to provide parking for cyclists