Hillyfields, Goldings Hill & Stony Path Improvements (CAP App.I 12.3)
Junction should be improved to facilitate cyclists who are currently not catered for west of Hillyfields.
* Junction should be improved to facilitate cyclists who are currently not catered for west of Hillyfields.
* Potentially upgrade the existing zebra crossing west of Hillyfields to a toucan crossing, and moving it closer to the end of the existing cycle route.
* Widen the existing footway alongside the westbound Rectory Lane (potentially using some of the grass area behind the footway) to enable it to become a shared use facility.
* Potentially upgrade the existing zebra crossings and mini-roundabouts to a signalised junction and crossings.
* This could get cyclists on to the western side of Church Hill.
* Provision of an approx. 150 metre long segregated footway/cycleway (if possible) along the route of the existing footway on the western side of Church Hill and Golding’s Lane.
* Improvement of the PROW footpath surface and signage for cyclists from Golding’s Lane to Stony Path Lane
* Signage and road markings along Stony Path Lane up the hill to Baldwin’s Hill.
£500,000 (includes provision of signage along Stony Path section)