Chigwell Rise cycle route (CAP App. I.6)
Improve Non-Motorised User connectivity in this area and a route between the GGSK College and Chigwell Tube Station.
* Provide an off-road segregated footway / cycleway (if possible) alongside the eastbound carriageway of the B170 – this may require improvement to the parapet height over the M11.
* The off-road route could continue to the start of the existing housing at Chester Road, with an on-road cycle lane route
from here along the eastbound carriageway to Lee Grove.
* The scheme could then cross Chigwell Rise at the Spanbrook existing crossing point, and then comprise an on-road cycle route along Brook Way and Brook Mews, avoiding Chigwell High Road.
* Access to Chigwell Tube Station could be via a segregated footway outside the car dealership to either the existing zebra crossing or an upgraded toucan crossing.
* Provision of a new unlit 3m wide shared cycle/footway through the Nature Reserve, crossing the River Roding via the existing infrastructure already in situ. Requires signage, path surface works, and barrier removal.
£600,000 (Assumes all widening within highway boundary and no stats diversions)