This is a summary of new features added to the site. You can see the full development history on
- Areas are now the default type when adding locations and issues
- File sizes are shown for attachments and library documents
- Messages can be promoted into library items, depending on the message type
- Group descriptions can now contain links and are automatically formatted like messages
- Library notes can be edited for a short time after they are created, to fix typos
- A new issue (or a new thread) will only generate one notification email, regardless of your settings, groups and locations
- The issues map has improvments, making large issues transparent, smaller ones easier to click and highlighting which one is selected
- Fixed the map drawing interface on IE7
- Improved layout of the voting buttons on the issue page
- Email attachments sent to a thread will create new photo or attachment messages as appropriate
- Fix bugs in the map when editing issues on IE8
- Tags are copied from issues onto new threads
- Maps on the group pages now only show issue in the group area
- Allow tagging of library items when they are being created
- Tabs are now "sticky", so if you click 'back' you'll end up on the pane you were looking at
- ... and you can also link to a particular tab in the same places
- Posting any type of message will subscribe you to the thread
- Increased privacy - last poster on a private thread is no longer shown
- New "catch me up" feature on user locations - easily subscribe to existing threads in your area
- Various minor bugfixes and restylings
- Committee members can now add issues to administrative threads, or change the issue on an existing issue thread
- Tags now have autocomplete suggestions - type a few characters to see matching tags
- You can link directly to messages more easily - click on the posting time to see the url
- Fixed a bug with document creation not giving friendly error messages
- Textareas now automatically resize as they fill up with text, making longer comments easier to write
- Duplicate display names are no longer allowed (matching full names are of course permitted)
- Reduce duplicate messages by disabling submit button after posting
- Rework the logic for where you end up after signing in - should now handle more situations gracefully
- Improvements to message posting speed by making thread search update an asynchronous process
- Groups can now have custom joining instructions
- Added a global search, instead of individual thread/issue/library searches
- Security updates
- Thread search! Shows results from all public threads and private threads that you have access to
- Added a new "User Priorities" tab to the dashboard, showing your prioritised threads
- Replying to a new thread notification will now subscribe you to that thread
- Added functionality to reply to certain new thread notifications
- Fixed bug with subject of new group location issue notifications
- Fixed bug with display of attachment messages in some thread summaries
- Fixed bug with unsubscribed threads showing up in dashboard
- Complete rework of preferences options. You should check yours now!
- Notifications for new issues and new threads on relevant issues
- Options to subscribe automatically to all threads
- Global option to enable / disable email.
- Dashboard shows subscribed threads rather than only those you've posted to
- Fixed bug where censored deadlines were showing on dashboard
- Show latest thread activity rather than creation details in more places
- Upgrade of underlying Rails technology to the 3.2 series.
- Fixed bug with incoming emails. Messages from some people were being lost if they contained £ symbols
- Less ugly thread unfollow button
- Added committee-only threads
- Show recently popular issues tab on the Issue overview page
- Fixed notification emails for attachment messages
- Improved alignment of avatar images
- Collisions layer added to maps on issue pages
- Deadline tab added to overview page
- Thread activity icons fixed
- Improvements to the display of overlapping issues on the map
- Attachments can be added to threads
- Fixed bugs with popups not disappearing
- Issues list in group context only shows issues in that group's area.
- Logging in returns the user to the last group they were in.
- New thread notifications can be replied to.
- Added what's new page.
- Added following indicator to main thread lists.
- Increased message box size.
- Disable voting and message box if you cannot use them.
- Fixed bug with invalid tags being entered.